Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Deuteronomy Chapter 6

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

Father that created me, Son that saved me, Spirit that moves me, You are one. You are one God, the only God to whom I give all my praise. All my heart longs to love you. All my soul longs for your presence. All my strength longs to do your work. 

These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.

Place your words on my heart. Let them satisfy my soul. Let them give me strength. May my children know your love by example. Make my every action lead them to You. Let your words be always on my tongue. Let your words be first and last in my day. When I wake let them be fresh on my mind. When lay down to sleep let them be my meditation. 

You are tangible to me. I hold out my hands and feel the weight of your words. I carry them with me. I wear them on my sleeves. My my home be a place where your word is always present.

Be sure to keep the commands of the Lord your God and the stipulations and decrees he has given you. Do what is right and good in the Lord’s sight, so that it may go well with you and you may go in and take over the good land the Lord promised on oath to your ancestors, thrusting out all your enemies before you, as the Lord said.

I will act boldly as you lead me. I will walk with the confidence in the way you have commanded. Your words will guide my life. You are good and will provide for me. I have hope. I have nothing but You. No breath but You. Your mercy alone.

In the future, when your son asks you, “What is the meaning of the stipulations, decrees and laws the Lord our God has commanded you?”

I will tell them of my Savior. I will tell them how you reached into my sin. My filth. I will tell them how you saved me! I will tell them about the only hope I have. Your love proved me wrong! Not all is lost. You set me free. You broke the chains that held me down. You broke my heart of stone.

I will follow you all the days of my life. My King lives. My King reigns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment