Tuesday, January 1, 2013

An Adventurous New Year

This morning I wrote out my goals for 2013. The past few years I picked one word for the year. A few years ago that word was "seek." I vowed to seek my calling, my purpose and my God. The next year my word was "focus."  I focused on school, on relationships and weeding out things that were distracting me from what I really needed.

This year, I am taking a different approach. 
"He answered: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself." 
Luke 10:27

As most Christians, I have read this verse over and over. I decided this year instead of making arbitrary resolutions or goals, I would use this verse as the foundation for nine goals, three in each of these areas: heart and soul, strength and body, and mind. I am believing that if these three parts work together as I know they will, "love your neighbor as yourself" will fall right into place.

Aside from the personal goals I have set for myself, life holds great adventure for Jeremy and me in 2013.

We have several church presentations scheduled for Sundays in January and February. But, this leaves time for meeting with individuals and small groups to share our story and calling to Spain. 

The lease on our apartment is up at the end of February. Thankfully, we are blessed with awesome friends to live with until Cross Training in July.

I will finish one last project and one last CLEP test to complete my degree. That means graduation for both of us in MAY!

Jeremy has already resigned from his job effective at the end of June. 

We are planning to be at headquarters through July and August for training. That sets us up for an approximate departure date of September 2013. Our departure date is completely dependent on our funding. As of now we are at about 14 percent of our budget. We must be fully funded before we can depart.

So, that is an update and a rough timeline for 2013. As always, if you have questions about what we are doing, check out the tabs at the top or contact us directly. We would love to share with you about what God is doing and how you can be involved! Thank you for your continued prayer and support!


No comments:

Post a Comment