Monday, September 9, 2013

Acting According to His Faithfulness

Jeremy and I are in a season of life where we are constantly asking and asking a lot. We are asking a lot of our family, friends, supporters and asking a lot of God. However, as we are constantly asking, I am trying not to neglect being thankful. I am trying to reflect on God's faithfulness to us in the past as we look forward to His faithfulness in the future.
"I will sing of the LORD's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations." Psalm 89:1

We are thankful for how God has not only saved us but also how He has given us a purpose. It is an amazing thing to know that God has saved you. It is even more amazing to realize that even before you asked for His salvation He had a purpose for you. I am thankful that God has given my life purpose.

"I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly. "Psalm 40:10 

I am thankful that as we have taken steps of faith in order to obey His calling, He has provided. Before we even knew this season of our lives was coming, God orchestrated our lives according to His timing. His calling and subsequently His provision came, and will continue to come, at just the right time-whether we realize it or not.

 I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself. Psalm 89:2

As we continue to ask for support, I will continue to be reminded of God's faithfulness thus far. I will reflect on where we have  been and look forward to where He is calling us. I pray that my actions will always be in response to the faithfulness I have experienced.  Never doubting, always trusting. Never looking back, always looking to Him. Never acting in fear, always acting in His peace. 

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 

No comments:

Post a Comment