Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Gentle Teaching


Thirty-seven percent. That is where our account sits at this point.

I punch these numbers in the calculator on my phone multiple times a week. On days that the first numbers goes up- I punch them in over and over. Amazed at how the result changes.
When nothing changes for a couple of weeks my mood changes. I become frustrated. I wonder where the disconnect is.
Why isn't anything coming in?
Is it something I am saying during "the ask?"
Are we not making our purpose clear enough?
Do we need to change something?
Take a new approach?
Why isn't the money coming in?!

I wonder these things and I pray. I pray that God will send us to the right people at the right time. But I don't often stop to think that- maybe the right time hasn't come yet.
Maybe the right person isn't ready yet.
Maybe we aren't ready yet.

I really did think that we would be further along than 37% by now. I really hoped we would be at least half way. Maybe closer.
But we aren't. Here we sit- at 37% funded. Looking forward to Jeremy's last month of work. Cross-training and the potential of months without steady income.

I have started reading more out of Streams in the Desert. Because, well, it's appropriate and maybe a little cliche.
But, honestly, it couldn't be more encouraging.

I had not read out of the book in several days, so (I as sweated my way through 20 minutes on the elliptical),  I opened it up to May 22nd and I re-read the verse at the top.
Commit you way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this. Psalm 37:5

I flipped tapped a couple of pages over on the Kindle...
I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills His purpose for me. Psalm 57:2

May 23rd
They were at their wits' end. They they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and he brought them out of their distress. Psalm 107:27-28

May 27th
Bring them here to me. Matthew 14:18

To me the Lord said, "Bring what you have to me. That $1,851 you have in pledges? Give it up. Let me have it and do with it what I want. You don't have it all. But I do. They don't have it all. I've got it."

My God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

"You hear that? I've got it. I am the the source. I am the means and the way in which to receive it. You can't do this on your own. Give. It. Up."

May 28th
I will not let you go unless you bless me. Genesis 32:26
Not my will, but yours be done. Luke 22:42

I will no longer work by my strength alone. I will not work against the time He has allowed to pass. I will find the joy in this preparation and be grateful for the gentle teaching He has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment